March 1, 2011

A Lifetime of Love: Vance P. Ferratusco

There’s a poem I read and shared recently with my family called “Five Minutes” by Annmarie Campbell. It’s a poem to her dad who passed away. Annmarie spoke about if she only had five minutes, the day her dad passed away. . .

I wish I had five minutes, Vance. I’d tell you all the things I needed to say, how much you mean to me and how much love, life and laughter you brought into my life. And how much I love you. The endless passion for life you not only brought to me, but our family and your countless friends.

You touched so many people’s lives in so many positive ways, it makes me smile. In your short, young life, you lived with many highs and lows, yet you never burdened us with your troubles. I only saw your beautiful smile and your big blue eyes and the compassion and love you had for other people.

I will never forget when I was a young teenager, the day you were born, I became an uncle. It was one of the proudest moments of my young life. I immediately felt our family bond grow stronger. And from there I watched you grow into a beautiful young man. In time, we grew from being family and became close friends.

We shared a lot throughout our lives and I’ve learned a lot from you and know you learned a lot from me. We shared some of the same passions, especially our love to communicate and reach out; most recently over the past few years with our love for social media.

And how can we forget music? This was one of your biggest passions that you shared with me and endless family & friends. I will always think of you when the radio is on, my iPod is playing or when there is a new release of our fav artists. I will miss our voice chats on AIM when you would share your music library with me and kept your uncle up-to-date with the latest and greatest. Latest? Heck it hasn’t been released yet, but it was on our iPods.

I miss your fun iconic name changes: V, Vancey Pants, V-licious, V-Town, Vansome. But most of all, I miss YOU. Your light, laughter and love will be forever in my heart. Rest easy, dear Vance. You’re with God now and in the arms of an Angel. God bless you.

Always my nephew, forever my friend.
Love always, Uncle Lenny XO


“If love were enough, you’d still be here with us.”
Celebrate Vance’s life with remembrance bracelets in keeping his spirit alive. These purple bracelets are $5 with all the proceeds being donated to drugfree.org in Vance's memory and honor. His spirit will live on forever. If interested in purchasing a bracelet, please contact Stephanie Prince via a Facebook message or on Twitter @SimplySteph11.          

    (click img to enlarge)


“Dance for Vance” Benefit
Vance’s co-worker Michelle organized a benefit dance in honor of our beloved, Vance. Sunday, April 3, 2011, 6 PM to 9 PM at Tommy Doyle’s in Harvard Square. Please join us, ALL are welcome! Learn more here.

Vance Ferratusco Memorial Benefit
Vance’s friend Tim is working with friends at Rumor/Venu night-club in Boston to celebrate Vance’s 30th Birthday on Wednesday, April 6, 2011. Performances by all your favorite drag queens and speeches by Vance's family and friend's. The night begins at 8 PM - ALL are welcome! Please join us, won't you? You can learn more here.

And finally, Vance’s loving sister Genevieve and friends are running the New England Relay on June 11 and 12, 2011.
Genevieve Ferratusco, Stephanie Prince, Mary Sullivan, Kaitlyn Neff, Brett Stenger, George Meyerle, Meg Donnelly, Donatella Fino, Crissy Conte, Molly Zuccaro, Maura O'Keefe and Chris Eldridge will be participating in the New England Relay (www.newenglandrelay.com) and running over 220 miles in memory of Vance Ferratusco as members of "Team Vansome". All proceeds will support Partnership for a Drug Free America. Cheer them on, donate and learn more here.



Prevent. Intervene. Get Treatment. Recover. Let’s all work toward a goal for a Drug Free America. www.drugfree.org



Purple was Vance’s color. Wear it in memory of him and have compassion for others. Vance was passionate about tolerance and acceptance. He stood up to bullying and was an advocate for It Gets Better Project. www.itgetsbetter.org.





Vance Phillip Ferratusco
April 5, 1981 - January 26, 2011

Click img to enlarge.


No comments:

Post a Comment